Of bouncing and babies

The trampoline gym was a success. Muscles I didn’t know I had are sore. You don’t realize what a workout it is until you try to do it more than a few minutes. We were there for 30 minutes and by the end I was ready to die. My doctor recommended regular exercise to help with the epilepsy, so this may become part of my regular routine until I can drive again. I took yesterday off and today is strength training. Even if I want to just sit around, I’m going to make myself at least do a little bit. I have to keep reminding myself that even a small step is still a step. Eventually I’ll be able to do pull ups, straight leg lifts in the captain’s chair (a particularly malevolent piece of workout equipment), and not want to die at the end of 30 minutes of trampolining.

I forgot my phone again this morning and realized it when it was too late. My ride was late and I didn’t get the message. I was ready to call someone when he showed up. Generally, I was feeling pretty disorganized this morning. I barely remembered my pills. Not the best way to start off the week. Then I have an email from my boss waiting for me about my timesheet. It didn’t turn out to be a big deal, but still. I’m not in the mood to deal with anyone’s issues today.  I’m not really in the mood to deal with my issues. Mmph. I think a walk to clear my head will be beneficial.

We spent a good amount of time with friends yesterday. Boy was getting a tutorial on the systems that E’s company uses. A took their daughter out for a bit and when she came back, we had a nice chat. I love their daughter. She’s totally chill and all smiles. She’s fascinated by me, probably because I always have something sparkly on. Now that she’s getting to know us better, she’s less shy. Her birthday is in 9 days and it’s hard to believe she’s a year old already. My parents weren’t kidding when they said the years go by faster as you get older. We’ll turn around and these kids will be teenagers.

I’ve still got some other negative stuff rattling around in my brain. I’m trying to just let it flow and not hang onto it. It’s mostly things I just have to accept because they aren’t going to change. It’s completely beyond my control. I had a half nightmare last night. It started out badly, but ended okay. Can’t say I’ve had that happen before. It was a nice change of pace. The nightmares are less intense and I recover more quickly. Again, a small step is still a step in the right direction.

Time to go out for a walk and shake a few more things loose.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s