One week from today is my 30th birthday.
Instead of putting down New Year’s Resolutions, I’m simply putting my intentions out there for my 30th year. As a friend of mine put it after listing all the things she wanted in a relationship, “it never hurts to ask”. So for my birthday (and beyond), my list of intentions:
- Find an occasion to wear all the fancy clothes I got over Christmas.
- Don’t stifle my passions in the name of practicality. If I’m physically and financially able, go for it.
- Laugh more. Mostly at myself.
- Put on some lipstick more often.
- Don’t let the bastards get me down.
- Work a little magic in someone else’s life.
- Say “yes”.
- Don’t interpret ignorance as hate.
- Perform a “digital detox” at least once this year.
- Keep the dining room table clean (this is far more difficult than it sounds).
- Get the art print we bought last February framed.
- Volunteer at least once this year with an organization that supports a cause I can get behind.
- Soften the edges of my opinions when expressing them to someone else.
Also a viewing of “13 Going On 30” is necessary. And Boy is taking me to a Monster Truck rally to mark my birthday. Vroom vroom!